Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve been a little caught up with work lately. Architecture school is really keeping me busy. Today’s post is about how I maintain my hair especially after going through numerous hair colouring processes and chemical treatments. I’d hate to disappoint but to be honest, I was not born with silky smooth hair. My hair is thick, a tad bit frizzy, and dry on the ends. When I was younger I would go to the salon every once in 6 months to get my hair relaxed. Then I started dyeing my hair, opted for highlights, and now I sort of dip dyed my hair. Now my roots are growing out (fml) So, here’s how I care for my hair!
1. Applying a mask and leaving it on for about 20-30 minutes while covering your head with a towel will save your hair! Hair masks will not cure your split ends but it will definitely prevent them from reoccurring. One tip when buying a hair mask is to know your hair type. If you have dry, damaged hair, select ones that are intensely moisturizing. If you have thin hair, try reaching out for ones that have protein to strengthen your hair. The one I am using right now is this one by Schwarzkopf:
2. After using a hair mask, remember that your hair restores a lot of moisture so beware of build up. Product build up is basically an accumulation of products on your hair strands. It will keep your hair looking flat, dull and non porous (i.e does not allow water to penetrate easily) If you find that your hair is difficult to style, this might be the reason why. So deep cleanse your hair everyone! I’m currently using this one by TRESemmé. p.s sorry for extracting the image of the net, can’t get my ass off the chair and head to the bathroom to take a photo lol.
TRESemmé Deep Cleansing Shampoo
3. Treating your scalp is the foundation to achieving healthy hair because it cleanses the roots and also removes excess sebum. The one I am using currently is by L’Oréal:
L’Oréal Sensi Balance Nutri Massage
4. Applying hair serum after washing your hair gives your hair a lustrous appearance (especially for those who have frizzy hair, like I do) It gives off a healthy sheen and protects your hair from the damage caused by UV rays and styling tools. The one I am using right now is by Pureology:
Far right: Pureology Precious Oil Versatile Caring Oil
5. I’m sure everyone knows this one; trim your hair once every 3 months! This will keep your ends looking healthy and will prevent your hair from getting split ends.
Hope these tips will assist you in achieving smooth, shiny and healthy locks. Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to read this post! Please feel free to leave a comment down below on how you upkeep yours! Would love to know. Have a fantastic weekend guys ❤️