1. Find Your Skin Tone
You can determine your skin tone by observing how your skin reacts to the sun.
* Skin that burns easily under the sun: Fair/Light Skin Tone
* Skin that burns and then gets tan: Light/Medium Skin Tone
* Skin that gets tanned easily: Medium/Deep Skin Tone
* Skin that has a natural brown hue without tanning: Deep/Dark Skin Tone
- Find Your Undertone
The easiest way to find your undertone is by looking at the veins on your wrist.
* If your veins are greenish or olive, you probably have a warm or yellow undertone.
* If your veins are blue or purple, you have a cool or pink undertone.
* If your veins are a mix of both blue and green tones, you have a peach or neutral undertone.
Once you have discovered your skin tone and undertone, you can easily find the perfect foundation shade as most foundations are created based on these categories!
Did you know?
Sephora stores in the U.S provide a revolutionary colour-matching service that allows you to find your precise foundation shade in minutes! It is basically a device that scans your skin to find out the perfect shade from over 1500 formulas! So amazing, I know. If you don’t have time to head to the store, you can always find an exact match on their website by choosing the foundation shade that you are currently using (which matches your skin best) which acts as a benchmark for other foundations.
For your info, my skin gravitate towards the neutral/peach undertone and I have a light to medium skin tone.
Good luck xx